Woodworking Plans Split Level Homes for sloping land ideas from our ArchitectWooden Car Tables Plans
Country house plans can represent a wide range of home styles but they almost always evoke feelings of nostalgia, Americana and a relaxing, comfortable lifestyle choice. Initially, born of necessity, the establishment of farming communities with access to generous amounts of acreage and a subsequent rural lifestyle thrived and then, for many, this lifestyle continued out of a love for the land and all the possibilities it represented. Slowly, over time, this lifestyle eroded and was discarded in favor of suburban or urban living; however, as with the cyclical nature of life, we find ourselves, once again, attracted to not only country homes but the idea of country living. Read More
While not everyone finds this way of life desirable nor feasible, this historical nod to the past aligns with the longing for quaint or grand farms to capture the essence of quintessential Americana. Many have been able to adjust their desire for a country way of life by modifying their suburban, or even, urban property lots, to include space for a garden or a menagerie of animals while holding onto a piece of that history. In response to the continued interest in Country house plans, our collection, while varied, offers some definite hallmarks of this lifestyle:
Woodworking Planshow to Woodworking Plans for – These mainstays of the Country house plan, wraparound porches, offer a generous amount of outdoor space to comfortably relax and entertain while maintaining a casual atmosphere most often associated with this lifestyle. Deep set and widely proportioned, wraparound porches are highly desirable for homeowners and if not, a wraparound porch, there is usually at least some type of covered front porch and/or a rear covered or screened porch as well. These exterior elements make Country house plans easily recognizable as do the use of overhead window dormers, gabled rooflines and abundant window views. The addition of some type of outdoor living space promotes the idea of casual living by highlighting the indoor/outdoor living space as a seamless design element that provides a welcoming place for all to gather.
– Similar to front porches, kitchens are a distinguishable feature of Country house plans. These popular warm and inviting spaces create a design feature where family and friends can gather in comfort and participate in conversation, meal preparation or dine together. Most kitchens in Country house plans feature enough space for a large farmhouse table, offer warm wood detailing and incorporate classic farm, apron or old fashioned porcelain sinks that are particularly well suited for these types of kitchens.
– Built for a comfortable and family friendly lifestyle, Country house plans feature layouts that are highlighted with plenty of space to enjoy gathering with family and friends. One story Country house plans can be sprawling and often incorporates large, well laid-out rooms which are well suited to a casual way of life into the home’s interior. Typically, if there is a second floor available, it is usually much smaller than the main floor of the home and offers additional bedrooms and a bath. More modern Country house plans may even include a flex space, loft or some type of multi-purpose room designed to grow with your family and their needs over time.
– Basement foundations create amazing potential for expansion space, whether currently or in the future, with the opportunity to add additional space according to family needs. Many families are looking for a long term investment when building their homes and basement plans are the 1 last update 2020/05/30 enjoyed for their casual entertaining space, the possibility of additional bedrooms and recreation areas as well as having the option of single floor living once the children leave home. – Basement foundations create amazing potential for expansion space, whether currently or in the future, with the opportunity to add additional space according to family needs. Many families are looking for a long term investment when building their homes and basement plans are enjoyed for their casual entertaining space, the possibility of additional bedrooms and recreation areas as well as having the option of single floor living once the children leave home.
Woodworking Planshow to Woodworking Plans for – To achieve unobstructed sight lines onto the fabulous front exteriors of their Country homes and as a nod to the historical quality of these homes, many homeowners desire a detached garage. Similarly designed, detached garages, can mimic the exterior features of the home while providing plenty of vehicle space and oftentimes, loads of storage space is included. Occasionally, a detached garage may offer the opportunity to have overhead expansion space separate from the home to be used as an artist’s studio, a home office or a garage apartment.
– Country house plans come in both open floor plans and traditional layouts. Open floor plans have continued to evolve as the premier choice of new homeowners while the more traditional layouts are the choice of purists. Traditional layouts feature closed off rooms with the ability to travel through the home without viewing the entire home at will, while the open floor plan presents unlimited views onto all parts of the main floor common rooms. The argument can and has been made for the use of the traditional plan as opposed to the open floor plan; however, it remains largely a personal choice for homeowners.
– As with everything else, square footage will vary according to personal taste, family size, lifestyle and budget. This collection of Country house plans vary in style along with square footage and we are pleased to offer an inviting assortment of floor plan choices within the 2,000 – 3,000 square feet of living space and many of our choices exceed the 4,000 square foot range.
Warm and inviting, these homes are frequently simple in nature and design while offering a family-oriented floor plan designed for comfort and function benefitting all who live or visit them. Marked by relaxing outdoor and indoor space, charming details and design features, expansive outdoor space in the form of some type of covered porch and oftentimes, including lovely gardens and space for animals, our collection of Country house plans fit a wide range of styles, square footage and price points.
Copyright © 2020 America's Best House Plans, Inc. All Rights Reserved.